Sunday, May 16, 2010

In Exchange for That

So last night, surveying my room, after a day of posting sales online, I looked to things I could give up and to my wish board with pictures of the items I deeply want to obtain, and said to myself, 'I would trade these in for those'~

And how ironic, but incredibly helpful, that today's daily read from Sarah Ban Breathnach's "Simple Abundance" should discuss that topic :3

"Have nothing in your homes that you do not know to be useful and believe to be beautiful." - William Morris

She referred to it as the "aesthetic alchemy of beauty and function in the home"--I really liked that XD

'While surveying your home "let the Divine spirits of simplicity, order, harmony, and beauty accompany you".' Considering last night, I was doing this already. I was allowing my authentic self to speak to me and trust her wisdom in selecting items that didn't justly serve me and would greatly serve another ^.^

She created three categories: beautiful, useful, & sentimental. 'Does it tug at your heartstrings or on someone else? If it does so on another, put it in their room.'

"Think on paper before you act..." I realized this yesterday from my last blog, how much it helped for me to write & consider my thoughts before I act :3

*"There is an ancient metaphysical law that says if we desire more abundance in our lives we must create a vacuum to allow ourselves to receive the good we seek. How can more good come into our lives if there is no room for it? We create the vacuum by giving away what we no longer need or desire but what can serve others."

This was the best visual description she could give me, and it's what I'm gonna do and live by. Everything that's been happening lately has lead up to this definition. I very much find joy in finding a happy home for the things I own that someone else finds great pleasure in :D And what's more, I'm making room for the greater things I do want to come into my life ^0^

No comments:

Post a Comment