Monday, May 31, 2010

A Collection of Just What I Love

As I soon prepare to assess my possessions and undergo a journey to simplify, organize, pay off my debt, and find myself in the process, I marinate over the thoughts I have read over in the last passages of Simple Abundance:

"...Mrs. Lindbergh's advice: 'To ask how little, not how much, can I get along with. To say--is it necessary?--when I am tempted to add one more accumulation to my life.' If I think I can't live without the object of desire and I can afford it, I'll collect it. But now I pause first. Simple Abundance is not about saying "no" to our creative impulses, whether in collecting, dressing, or decorating. It's about knowing when to say "enough" because we know that all we have is all we really need. "One cannot collect all the beautiful shells on the beach. One can collect only a few, and they are more beautiful if they are few.'"

It will be an implemented process in narrowing my collection to what I love--consider it as such places like a museum or fancy boutique that house only the best ^_~

I want to train my eye to be discriminating to what I love and for my heart to be patient if what I have or come across is not completely what I wanted--satisfying, not settling :3

No comments:

Post a Comment